Tuesday 22 March 2016

Caffè Benne, Jaya Mall

My first time in Caffè Benne was in Korea but shortly after that, the first Caffè Benne was opened in Sunway, followed by branches all over KL. The branch in Jaya Mall was a little filthy especially their tables and chairs but the food seemed alright. Service was relatively prompt and staff was quite friendly. 

I had the white chocolate latte which was quite creamy with hints of vanilla underlined by strong fragrant coffee. The mug was a generous portion too and I couldn't finish it all in one sitting. 



The strawberry Bing-Su is my favourite! Lots of fresh strawberries gave this refreshing dessert the tang it needed to carry off the sweet strawberry syrup and its sorbet. The delicious red bean paste dilutes some of the sweetness and brings together this dessert wonderfully. With the crunchy bites from the ice shavings, this cold bowl of goodness is a god-send on a hot day!


The beef pie, I am not a fan. I love my pies with short crusts and the chewy ones they use here is not my cup of tea. The fillings were a little starchy although the beef chunks were tender and flavorsome, it was not my favourite. Hubby loved it and cleaned it off his plate in record time though. :S

On the other hand, their waffles have always been YUM and I had the Tiramisu one that day. Yummy coffee ice cream on a big mound of whipped cream smothered by loads of cocoa powder on delicious waffles! Each bite of crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside waffle was saliva-inducing. For even more wonderful waffles, do check out my post on Madame Waffles~




No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...